Friday, May 26, 2017
As the Brits say, “Mind the gap.”
Your organization most likely has an “accountability gap” that’s created a gulf between what employees expect from their leaders and the leaders’ actual, measurable performance. Only 52% of those surveyed were satisfied with their executive leadership and an abysmally low 30% were satisfied with mid-level and front-line leadership. The difference between high accountability leaders and low? These five behaviors:
1. Hold others accountable for high standards of performance.
2. Tackle tough issues and make difficult decisions.
3. Effectively communicate your strategy throughout your organization.
4. Express optimism about the organization and its future.
5. Display clarity about external trends in the business environment.
As you head into your three day weekend, consider how your organization’s leaders stack up against the five behaviors noted above. Then mind the gap.